Kronos – NB161 Processing Engine
The Kronos NB161 is a technological powerhouse for a portable processing engine. It boasts the latest Intel 9750 Processor, 64GB of RAM, a fast PCIe M.2 volume for the operating system, and the unstoppable RTX 2070 GPU to give you the advantage you need for processing through datasets. The NB161 is a thin form factor design with an all metal chassis, which weighs in at a mere 4.6 lbs. The system contains a variety of ports to attach external drives, enclosures, devices, and other components. Conversely, the system has a dedicated RJ-45 Port for network attachment. This processing engine is an outstanding addition to your lineup and is sure to impress.
The Kronos NB161 Processing Engine is the premier portable laptop solution on the market to conduct forensic computer investigations. It gives the end-user the full capabilities of a robust system in an extremely thin (ALL METAL) form factor. Other laptops can become thick, cumbersome, and too heavy to carry out in the field. The NB161 has the 9th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-9750H Processor ( 12MB Smart Cache, 2.60GHz ) Processor for Extreme Speeds. It is extremely lightweight and comes in at 4.6 pounds (including the battery), while other systems can approach 10 pounds. Additionally the system is powered by a Samsung 970 Evo 500GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD with exceptional read/write speeds and an additional M.2 PCIe slot for future expansion. The NB161 is slightly lighter in weight and smaller than our NB173.
To that end, the system further comes with a 2TB rotational disk that can be upgraded to an SSD for additional speed and performance. The system is loaded with features including two USB 3.0 ports and a USB 3.1 Type C Gen. 2 ports for extreme bandwidth speeds. Furthermore, it also has a dedicated RJ45 port, which can be fairly uncommon nowadays. Topped with an illuminated keyboard, a 6-in-1 card reader, audio ports, a RTX 2070 GPU to power the 16.1” full high definition display, you cannot beat the pricing on a system as a portable processing engine solution. The NB-161 touts the following specs:
- 9th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-9750H Processor ( 12MB Smart Cache, 2.60GHz )
- Samsung 970 500GB PCIe NVMe M.2 for the Operating System
- 16.1" Full HD, 144Hz, Wide View Angle 72% NTSC Matte Display
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6
- 64GB DDR4 at 2666MHz
- 2TB 7200rpm HDD
- Intel Wireless-AC 9560 + Bluetooth
- Color illuminated keyboard
- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Edition
- 0.78 inches thin Ultra-slim design
- HDMI output Port (with HDCP)
- Mini Display Port 1.3 over USB 3.1 Gen. 2 (Type C)
- USB 3.1 Gen. 2 Port (Type C)
- USB 3.0 Ports
- 2-in-1 Audio Jack (Microphone / S/PDIF Optical output)
- RJ-45 LAN (10/100/1000Mbps)
- Dimensions: 14.96" (w) x 9.92" (d) x 0.78" (h)
- Weight 4.6 lbs. including the 62WH Battery Pack
If you have a custom configuration or would like to ask questions, please feel free to reach out to us. We can customize this system to meet your needs or offer a similar system to give your agency/department the equipment you need at a price you can afford.