Kronos – NB173XLni Processing Engine for Nuix
The Kronos NB173XLni is a technological powerhouse for a portable processing engine. It boasts the latest Intel i9-11900K Processor (3.5GHz / 5.3GHz Turbo), 128GB of 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, fast NVMe PCIe M.2 volumes for the Operating System & Temp/Cache, with the unstoppable RTX 3070 GPU to give you the advantage you need for processing through datasets, forensic images, etc. The NB173XLni is a slightly thicker form factor design chassis, which is meant to support practitioners who seek to replace a current desktop configuration or a mobile field triage lab, but still, need occasional portability to set up a powerhouse system in the field. The system contains a variety of ports like three (3) USB 3.2 Gen. 2 and one (1) Thunderbolt 3 to attach external drives, enclosures, devices, and other components. Conversely, the system has a dedicated RJ-45 Port for network attachment. This processing engine is an outstanding addition to your lineup and is sure to impress.
Using this system as a dedicated Nuix Processing Engine yields incredible speeds. In our testing with four different volumes utilized to increase the performance of the Nuix Workstation, we obtained sustained speeds of around 67 GB/h, which is absolutely incredible for a portable system that can be implemented in the field and also in the laboratory environment. This system is fully customizable and our engineers can design this system to meet your agency’s requirements. You won’t find a faster portable solution to feed the Nuix Engine.
The Kronos NB173XLni Processing Engine is the premier laptop solution on the market to conduct forensic computer investigations. It gives the end-user the full capabilities of a robust powerhouse system with lightning-fast ports for transfer speeds. The NB173XLni has the 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i9-11900K Processor, 3.5GHz with 8-Cores & 16-Threads for Extremely Fast Speeds. The system is powered by a Samsung 970 Evo 1TB M.2 SSD with exceptional read/write speeds and an additional 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 slot for temp/cache or case management. For the Nuix Processing Engine, we install an additional two M.2 PCIe NVMe drives to maximize the bandwidth needed to drive Nuix at maximum speeds. One 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe drive is installed for Case Management and an additional 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe drive is installed for images, source files, folders, etc. You won't find a more agile portable workstation on the marketplace that runs Nuix at blisteringly fast speeds.
The system can be upgraded to larger processing volumes for storage and performance. It is loaded with features including USB 3.2 ports and Thunderbolt 4 ports for extreme bandwidth speeds. Furthermore, it also has a dedicated RJ45 port, which can be fairly uncommon nowadays. Topped with an illuminated keyboard, a card reader, audio ports, the RTX 3070 GPU to power the 17.3” full high definition display, you cannot beat the pricing on a system as a replacement processing engine solution. The NB-173XLi touts the following specs:
- 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i9-11900K Processor (3.8GHz & 5.3GHz Turbo) with 8-Cores & 16-Threads)
- One (1) Samsung 860 1TB M.2 for the Operating System
- One (1) Samsung 980 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 for Temp/Cache
- One (1) Samsung 980 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 for Case Management
- One (1) Samsung 980 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 for Images & Storage
- 17.3" Full HD, 144Hz, Wide View Angle 72% NTSC Matte Display
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6; Microsoft DirectX 12, MXM 3.0, Support PCIe Gen 4 by 11th Gen CPU Only, Nvidia PhysX, Nvidia CUDA Technology, Support for Dynamic Boost 2.0
- 128GB DDR4 RAM at 3200MHz
- Intel Dual Band Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX + Bluetooth
- One (1) 8 Smart Cell Lithium-Ion Battery - 97Wh
- Color Illuminated Keyboard
- Security: Integrated Fingerprint Reader/Scanner
- One (1) HDMI output Port (with HDCP)
- Two (2) Mini Display Port 1.4
- Two (2) Thunderbolt 4 Ports (Type-C)
- One (1) USB 3.2 Gen 2 Ports (Type-C)
- Three (3) USB 3.2 Gen 2 Ports (Type-A) (1 x powered USB port, AC/DC)
- 2-in-1 Audio Jack (Microphone / S/PDIF Optical output)
- RJ-45 LAN (10/100/1000/2500Mbps)
- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Edition
- Three (3) Year Warranty
- Dimensions: 15.71" (w) x 12.56" (d) x 1.71" (h)
- Weight 8.38 lbs. including GPU and Battery Pack
If you have a custom configuration or would like to ask questions, please feel free to reach out to us. We can customize this system to meet your needs or offer a similar system to give your agency/department the equipment you need at a price you can afford.